Most Frequent Questions and Answers
The laser emits light energy on to the surface of the skin. The light is absorbed by the skins melanin and changed to heat, this damages the hair follicle stopping growth.
Most people require a course of 6-8 sessions. Up to 10 sessions of laser can be needed, for a hair free result this depends on hormone levels. Men tend to require more sessions due to higher levels of testosterone.
Treatments are usually carried out 4-6 weeks apart, to target hairs at the right point in the growth cycle. You will be advised on when to book by your sessions dependant on how your hair is reacting to treatment.
Our laser has Crystal Freeze Technology. This means the skin is cooled and numbed, making a low pain treatment, unlike other lasers.
- Shave the area the night before and ensure the area is clean.
- Avoid sun exposure, sun beds and false tanning 2weeks before.
- Do not wax of tweeze before your treatment.
- Keep us updated on any medical conditions as well as your treatment progress.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. Avoid perfumes, deodorants or creams on the area being treated.
- Use our Calming Aloe Gel to remove any excess heat from the skin. A cold pack/towel after treatment will also help to remove any excess heat from the skin.
- Lightly exfoliate the treated area five days after treatment and consistently in between treatments to assist in removing the dead hair follicle.
- Avoid all heat, exercise, overly hot showers, saunas, steam rooms etc for 48 hours after treatment.
- Avoid sun exposure for 4 week & always apply sunscreen to the treated area.
- Avoid tight clothing, chemical heavy creams and deodorants to the treated areas.
Your treatment needs to be at least 10 days before or after you are exposing yourself to sun. This is so you don’t over expose your skin to heat and gives the tan time to fade slightly to avoid pigmentation of the skin.
You cannot have laser whilst pregnant. This is due to a change in hormone levels, you must wait 3 months after pregnancy/breastfeeding. This gives enough time for hormone levels to return to normal.